Tracking

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 2012 Charity of the Month : WomenHeart

In memory of my late grandmother, Forrest Nye, I chose WomenHeart as my charity of choice for February 2012.  Forrest fought two tough battles with heart disease before it eventually took her life in July 2002.   I always look back at my grandparents, Jack and Forrest, and hope that one day I find that perfect person in my life, just like they did.   They were the true portrait of true soul mates.   They laughed, loved, and cried together.  They gave life and love to nine kids with limited financial resources.   They both exited this world loving one another with the same fire and passion they shared when they first met.   I can't think of a better charity to chose for February 2012.   If my donation can provide resources for research, patient care, and education for women's heart health, it will have served it's purpose.

Again, I chose this charity after researching women's heart health on www.charitynavigator.org.   It was the highest rated charity I could find in the category.  Here is a brief synopsis of  WomenHeart's mission:

WomenHeart is the only national organization dedicated to promoting women's heart health through advocacy, education and patient support. As the leading voice for the 44 million American women living with or at risk of heart disease, WomenHeart advocates for equal access to quality care and provides information and resources to help women take charge of their heart health. Since our inception in 1999, WomenHeart has been at the forefront of providing support services to women with heart disease and educating policymakers, health professionals and the public about the urgent need to make women's heart health a priority. WomenHeart's mission is to improve the health and quality of life of women living with or at risk of heart disease.

I hope you all had a great February.  It's been a February of loss and love for my family.   We said goodbye to my Granddad Kenneth Sloan on February 10, 2012.   It was a month where we mourned the loss of a loved one, but were able to rekindle many family bonds with family near and far.   Here's hoping for a joyous and happy March.  It'll be a month where I turn the page in my own life.  I'll say goodbye to my 20's and welcome in a new decade.  I'm excited for the many new memories to be made.  Until then, run happy friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment