Tracking

Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 : Improvement in Marathon Time

One of my main endurance sports goals for 2012 is to improve my marathon time.  Currently my personal best is a 4:02 at Chicago in 2010.  I didn't run a stand-alone marathon in 2011 so my personal best is outdated.   I feel like I have a sub-3:40 in me, but only time will tell if I can actually stay healthy during the training process.  For me the big limiter is my health.  I love to run.   Getting out the door to run is rarely an issue.  I always run into problems with my health.   My weak spot seems to be my Achilles tendons.  I've had problems with both my left and right Achilles tendons over the past 3 years.  The good part of an Achilles injury is that I know how to deal with it and I know I can elliptical myself to a marathon finish.  I'm never going to reach my ultimate goal of the Boston Marathon on an elliptical though.  It has to start with me being disciplined and listening to my body.   I've become a smarter runner over the years, but I still do things I know are wrong.  I toe the line between injury and pushing to myself to become better very closely.  I've yet to find the balance where I don't cross the line into injury during a marathon training schedule.   I'm trying very, very hard to make my 2012 OKC Memorial training program the best one yet.  I feel really strong as a runner right now.  My long runs have been fairly effortless and I seem to be gaining strength/speed thanks to my new workout additions : pilates, yoga, and core.   It's only a matter of time before I put it all together and have a good marathon.  My goal is to make that happen this year.  My original goal is to just break the 4:00 mark.  My big goal is to break the 3:40 mark.  Dream big.  Work hard.  Make it happen.  April 29th, 2012 will be here before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment