Tracking

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm still here, I promise

I just looked at my blog and realized it's been nearly 2.5 weeks since I've posted.   Shame on me!  I have had a bit of a writer's block the last couple of months.   I lost interest in writing every day and really struggled with what to share on this blog.  For the past few years this blog has been dedicated to my journey to become an endurance athlete.  It was used as a way for me to keep track of my training, get people involved in the process, and provide another story for other endurance athletes to relate to when they first took the leap into this sport.  I've had a lot of "firsts" while I've been writing this blog. It started out before I ran my half marathon and has evolved along with me as I now can lay claim to an Ironman finish.

My writer's block comes from the fact that I've always used this blog as a way to lay out my challenges and update people on my progress.  Now that I've been through the process for about 3 years now, I feel like the content may become a little monotonous.   The blog may become boring to some, but I do plan on keeping it updated with my training and goals.  I hope that someone out there will find it interesting and useful too. The main purpose is to provide a journal for my thoughts and training.   This sport has really changed me for the better and I think I owe it to myself to write it down in a place where I can go back and read it at some point in the future.  I hope some of you will stick around and keep reading.   I hope to continue to connect with our other athletes in the blogosphere.  Mostly I hope to really be able to show how much of a positive impact endurance sports can have on a life.   I feel blessed to have found something I love to do and can continue to grow into as I age.   I wish the same for all of those around me.   Often times I feel like we get stagnant as we get older.   Age becomes an excuse to get out of shape.   Watching the Ironman World Championships on NBC a couple of weeks ago was a perfect painting of how I want to be when I get older.  I want to be that guy running into barricades at the end of an Ironman because I had the heart and desire to get out there and do it again.  I want to inspire people young and old to get out and challenge themselves.  If I can do that one time, this blog will be a success.   One time makes years and years of writing worth it.   Until next time, Run Happy friends.  I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment