Tracking

Monday, November 28, 2011

The journey begins....marathon #4, err #5 I guess.

I never know whether to say I've run 3 or 4 marathons when someone asks my running history.  I've run 3 stand-alone marathons and one marathon during the Ironman.   Does the Ironman marathon count in my marathon tally?  Well, regardless of the number, I am officially embarking on my journey to my next marathon.   This week is the first week of training for my upcoming Austin half marathon and  OKC Memorial marathon plan.   I am 12 weeks out from Austin and 22 weeks from OKC.  It's a little early to be officially starting my training for the OKC race, but the slower build-up of the half training plan will help ease my legs back into training mileage.  Plus, I'm really in need of some structure at the moment so having a schedule will definitely help the type-A personality wanting to come out and play.   I haven't actually registered for either race, but I plan on registering for the Austin race in the next couple of weeks.
  
I have no real goals for Austin except to have some fun and use it as a good measuring stick for the OKC full.  I don't plan on a PR there but we'll see how things develop the next couple of months.   The great news about both races are that my friends from Austin are going to run both of them.  It's awesome to see my friends adopting the running lifestyle and when I go visit we have another thing in common.   Although we didn't run much this past weekend, we sure talked about it a lot.  We are officially on board for a great 2012 though.   I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.  Run happy friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment