Tracking

Monday, September 5, 2011

I still owe you a report....

I know I still owe you a race report from Ironman Louisville.  I honestly haven't had any time at all to work on it.  I want to make sure I have enough time to sit down and do it justice.  You'll get it soon hopefully.

The focus of this past week has been recovery.  I was pretty sore for a couple of days and going back to my office job prolonged the misery.  My hips hated me for days due to sitting at a computer.  My coworkers went above and beyond though.  I returned to the office on Wednesday to cheers, decorations, potluck food day, and a gift certificate for a 90-minute massage.  It was truly a great way to cap off the Ironman journey.  I put the gift certificate to good use on Friday after work and have thoroughly enjoyed a long holiday weekend to ease back into a routine.   

I still haven't exercised since Louisville, but I plan to break that streak tomorrow.  I'm planning on hitting the gym after work to get in some weights and maybe a little elliptical time.  I won't be able to get back into a real routine until late September because I have a lot of travel coming up the next 2 weeks.  I do plan on taking some running shoes with me to Chicago, but I doubt I actually get the luxury of using them.  I'm still trying to nurse this achilles back to full strength so running probably wouldn't be a good idea.  I can always go for a walk though. 

That's it for now.  Sorry it's so brief.  I just wanted to send out a quick update.  I will get a race report together when I get a night free.  I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Here is an article that I saved and hand out to everyone that does an Ironman, it might be of some help

    http://www.trifuel.com/training/triathlon-training/your-ironman-is-over-what-about-life-as-you-know-it

    ReplyDelete