Tracking

Monday, August 29, 2011

I am an Ironman!

Ironman Louisville 2011 is in the books and I can now proudly say I am an Ironman!!  I'll detail a full race report sometime later this week, but I wanted to send out a quick update.  I ended up having a much better day than I anticipated on all 3 legs and it was about as perfect a race as I could have envisioned.  It's been hard to put what I'm feeling into words so I'll save that for another day.  I want to soak it all in and really appreciate the moment.

My official finish time was 12:45:53.  Unbelievable day in Louisville, Kentucky.   Thank you to all who sent words of encouragement, followed along on race day, and have been here throughout this journey.  I also want to send out a special thank you to my parents who made the trek to Louisville to help make my dream a reality.  It was amazing seeing them out on the course and they really played a huge role in my race weekend.  Dream big.  Work hard.  Make it happen.

2 comments: