Tracking

Sunday, May 1, 2011

OKC Memorial Half Marathon - Version 2011

Awesome.  That single word pretty much sums up my race today.  Despite weather conditions that were quite brutal - 40 degree temps, 20 mph winds, rain the entire race, and a 30-minute delayed start due to lightning, I ran my best race ever today.  I smashed my old PR by nearly 9 minutes and set a new bar with a 1:40:45 time in my 4th half marathon.  It feels great to see all my work paying off on race day.  Now it's time for me to refocus my efforts on Ironman Kansas 70.3 in 6 short weeks.  Time flies when you are having fun!

I'll report more about my race tomorrow.  I'm beat and headed to bed.  All-in-all a very successful race.  I have mad respect for all those who ran the full marathon today in tough conditions.  Run happy friends!

1 comment: