Tracking

Sunday, April 17, 2011

What's Your Something?

Those of you who read this blog regularly know how grateful I am to be able to wake up every day and chase my dreams. I'm a firm believer that we should never take for granted our health and good fortune in life. As endurance athletes, we make every day count and I truly believe that because of it, we'll put ourselves in situations to succeed in all aspects of our life. It's not lost on me that the reason I am who I am today is because of a lot of hard work, a little luck, and an undying passion to continue to push myself and become a better person. Endurance sports has been the perfect avenue for me to continue to grow as an adult. I became stagnant after college for a couple of years and lost a little bit of my fire. I didn't like who I became and endurance sports gave me the spark I needed to start the fire again. Now it's not a question about if I can do something, it's about how and when I can make it happen. Sure, I have those days when a workout is a lot harder than I wanted and the stars don't align, but the doubt is very short-lived. In those couple of years after college, a lot of self doubt started to set in and took hold in my life. I lost the confidence in myself and I ended up in a place where I was looking for others for solutions. I was becoming someone who needed approval, acceptance, and guidance from other people. It wasn't me. I hated it. Thanks to endurance sports I've become a self-confident, self-reliant, and extremely happy individual. I now have people in my life who enrich me and make me a better person. I now have the confidence to say no. I know what I want, I know what makes me happy, and I know I have people in my life who add meaning and value, not just entertainment. I believe as we grow older we continuously are growing and changing. It's important to find something in life that will help you grow stronger and more confident. If you aren't in that spot in your life, it's time to make a change. Find something you love. Find something that will make you want to remove the distractions, the negativity, and all of the noise in your life. I truly think when you find that something you will become a person who will not only enrich your own life, but those around you. I've found my something. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment