Tracking

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Does Lightning Strike Twice in the Same Place?

We'll find out soon! Tomorrow is the official deadline to enter the ING NYC Marathon lottery. The drawing is going to be held in late April so I should find out within the next week if I'm in for 2011. Part of me would love to get accepted for a 2nd year in a row and part of me thinks I should probably chill out post-Ironman. We'll see which side wins out in the end. I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out the results! Did anyone else apply?

I think it's a shame the Boston Marathon isn't televised. It's the most prestigious marathon in the world and it can't even get a 3 hour time slot on a Monday morning. I know runner's make up a small segment of the population, but it's a very loyal group and one that most likely has demographics that are appealing to advertisers and television executives alike. It just blows my mind that you have to pay $5 to watch an online feed and that's your only option. Due to work IT policies, I was stuck following the action on Twitter. I was a nervous wreck trying to stay up on the action and hoping Hall and Desi could pull out the victories. It's awesome that Ryan and Desi both had such great showings. The professional running community in the US is definitely getting stronger and it's only a matter of time before one of them puts together a complete race and wins it. Desi was so close! Losing by 2 seconds in a race that covers that amount of distance is insane. May kudos to her and Ryan for such amazing performances. You also can't discount the fact that Kara Goucher set a new PR only 6 months after having a baby. She'll be back competing for the crown in no time.

Nothing else really going on today. I ended up doing my brick workout this morning because I thought I had customers in town, but I ended up having the evening free. I went ahead and knocked out my strength-training session for the week and will have the rest of the week to focus on my other disciplines. I also ended up getting tickets to the OKC Thunder vs Denver Nuggets game tomorrow night so I'll get my swim done in the AM and go enjoy the playoff atmosphere for the first time. Thunder up! Hope you all have a great week. I'm looking forward to a 3-day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment