Tracking

Sunday, April 17, 2011

19 weeks - Flight is booked

As I type this, we are officially 19 weeks away from Ironman Louisville. I finally pulled the trigger and bought my flight to Louisville today. I've been putting it off for a few weeks now to see if prices would change, but at this point I think the only change is going to be up. I'll fly out to Louisville on Thursday, August 25th, to have a couple of days to acclimate and see the course. One of the bad things about doing Louisville is that it's expensive and not easy to get to and from there from OKC. Ideally, I would go out at least once this summer to ride the course and see the venue first-hand, but I don't think the finances or work are going to allow that to happen. I'm still holding out some hope that I can make it out there in July, but it's a very slim chance. The good news is that my parents are driving out and a lot of the travel hassle will be taken out of the equation. Thank you Mom and Dad! Having them transport my bike and gear is going to be a huge positive and one less thing to worry about come race weekend. I'll be forever grateful!

This weekend has been a lot of fun and a good change of pace. Yesterday's ride was a nice change from the solo rides and today I waited until the afternoon to run so I could slowly acclimate my body for summer. Temps were in the 80s and the wind was howling so it was good prep for the months ahead. I ended up running 5.4 miles today to round out my highest mileage week of the year! It's only going to go up from here, but as of now I'm about as healthy as I can ever remember. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this trend continues for the rest of the year. I really believe the weight-training is making a huge difference in my overall health. Last week I scheduled it in my week just like I would a swim, bike, or run workout. I plan on making that my routine, otherwise it's easy to just skip it if I don't have the time. I'll make the time now.

I got sidetracked on YouTube yesterday after searching for that "I'm Training for an Ironman" video. I love watching motivational videos for the Ironman or marathon. I spent a good 30-40 minutes surfing through videos and getting all hyped up for my own journey. I found another one I'd like to share. I'm not a huge Eminem fan, but I love the video. The song is fitting as well. I do apologize for the profanity, but I felt the video was too good not to share. I watched it today before heading out for my run. Hope you enjoy it as well:

2 comments:

  1. I'm not an eminem fan either, but I saw the same video and put it on my ipod. If you want more motivation, search youtube for Team Hoyt. I damn near tear up each time I watch them, but maybe it's the dad in me. Good Luck the rest of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another step towards Louisville.

    Keep that weight training goin - strong athletes are healthy athletes.

    Dig the video.

    ReplyDelete