Tracking

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Forward

It's almost time!  I'm really excited for this weekend when we set the clocks forward an hour.  I'm ready for 2+ hours I'll have after work from now until October to do as I choose : run, bike, or both.  Oh I'm so ready.  Spring is near!

Today was my dress rehearsal for my full Ironman training schedule that officially kicks in on March 21st.  I wanted to get the timing down for a pre-work swim and make sure I was going to give myself enough time to get in a full workout.  Last year I tried to run before work, but I've found it difficult to get in a proper warm-up and cool-down when my mileage increases.  My plan for Ironman training is to do all of my swims before work until the yardage gets too much for me to fit it in as well.  I have no idea what I'll do at that point, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.  Dress rehearsal started this morning at 4:45 AM and I was at the gym by 5:30.  My gym opens at 5:30 so it's going to be the earliest I can get in the pool.  Today's workout was only 1800 meters so I fit it in pretty easily and felt like I had plenty of time to get ready and into the office on time.  I'm a little concerned about the availability of showers in the locker room.  This morning there was a very fine line between no one in the locker room and people standing in line to get a shower.  I'll need to make sure I err on the side of caution and get in the shower early, as opposed to 5 minutes later.  Overall, I really think I'm going to like getting my swims out of the way in the AM and focusing on my other two disciplines in the evenings.  I'm also not too terribly tired this evening which I'm sure is the result of my 8:45 PM bedtime last night.  I'm almost positive that won't happen every day of the week.  It never hurts to try though. 

Due to my pre-work swim, I had the evening off to get a few things done.  I'm not doubling up on workouts yet so I took my car and gave it a good wash and put the bike rack on.  You know it's getting close to springtime when the bike rack is being put back on the car.  I'm really excited to go get my triathlon bike this weekend and taking it on it's maiden voyage.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the new toy sometime this weekend.  I guess I probably need to make some room in my apartment too.  This is one instance where spring cleaning will actually be fun!  I'm outta here for now.  Run happy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment