Tracking

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

They were right....

Well, the weather guys got it right.  We just had our second blizzard in  the last 13 months here in OKC.  Overnight Monday and into Tuesday morning, we got 12.1 inches of snow dumped on us.  Throw in a 45-50 mph winds, temperatures in the low teens and single digits, and you have yourself a full-blown blizzard.  Last year at Christmas, the weather guys said that was a once-in-a-lifetime storm.  We had only had one other blizzard in recorded history back in the early 1900s.  Now we've had 2 in a little over a year.  It definitely makes winter more interesting to say the least.  I actually really like the snow.  It's the wind and insanely cold temperatures that aren't so fun.  We're supposed to bottom out about -3 tonight.  It's not often you see negative temps around here.

Well, due to the weather and a very rough 2 days of work, I've been doing nothing physically active until today.  The last 2 days could quite possibly go down as the worst 2 days of work I've had in my 5 years at my current company.  The weather wreaks havoc on our natural gas production in the field.  Wells freeze off, crews can't get to the wells, and it just really makes for a mess.  Our offices were closed the last 2 days, but my group handles the day-to-day task of making sure our gas has a home to flow to so we've been busy.  When we don't have the production we thought we would have, it causes more problems.  Basically I've been attached  to my computer for 12 hours straight the last 2 days.  Not quite the snow day we all had in mind.  I did finally get a chance to take out some frustration on a driveway full of snow and then hopped on my trainer for an hour this evening.  I really needed a workout.  I was becoming an angry, sloth-like demon the last two days.  The negativity was oozing from my veins.  It's amazing what a workout will do for the psyche.  Thank you CycleOps!

Tomorrow I'm back to the office, thankfully.  It will be nice to have 2 monitors, a mouse, and a 10-key.  I forget how much easier it is to work with all of those things until I get home and have to work from my laptop.  After that it's back to bowling league tomorrow night, then I'll try to get back on track with my training.  I'll officially start training for the OKC Memorial Half Marathon next week.  Let the running commence!  That makes me smile :-)  Run happy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment