Tracking

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Am I Sick?

Something has to be wrong with me.  Maybe it's a mild case of the flu, a stomach virus, or just allergies making me loopy, but something is definitely wrong.  It's the only explanation for the odd feeling I had yesterday afternoon.  I actually WANTED to swim and then I actually enjoyed it!  What?!  I must be sick.  For those of you who are new to the blog, I loathe swimming.  I do it because it's a silly little requirement to complete a triathlon.  Otherwise, I don't think I would ever step in a pool for lap swimming.  I never did before I decided to take up this crazy little sport last January and the lack of time spent in the pool post-triathlon should be a pretty good indicator how it ranks on my list of things to do when I'm bored.  It ranks right up there with watching Blake Griffin highlights on Sportscenter :  i.e. I'm not a fan.  Sorry Dad.  I'm not really sure what came over me, but I'm going to ride this little wave of fondness towards swimming as long as I can.  I did joke with one of my Team-in-Training friends the other day that I have a feeling I'm really going to grow to like swimming when I get deep into Ironman training.  It's going to feel like a break....1.5 hours in the pool versus 6 hours on the bike.  Swimming might climb up the ladder of things to do in my spare time.  Eh, who am I kidding?  It's not going to happen.

In other news, the weather here in Oklahoma is simply perfect right now.  I'll take a big ol' super size order of this weather every day of the year.   There is something really nice about waking up to a cool house, not frigid; being able to start my car without it sounding like the engine is going to fall out; and wearing a light jacket and feeling a little warm.  Another fantastic feature of the last few days is the lack of wind.  In Oklahoma you treat those days like gold.  You try to cram in every bike workout of the week into one afternoon because they don't come around very often.  I took advantage of the light winds and low-70s temps and hit the streets for a little run after work today.  Daylight savings time is just around the corner and then I'll finally be able to take the bike to work and head out for a ride before the sun sets.  I'm really looking forward to spring.  I like winter and all of her glory.  It's a great excuse to take a break and relax.  I have things to do now though.  It's time to shake off this cold, put up the sweatshirts, and get to work. 

2 comments:

  1. If it's contagious, send some north to Minnesota. I'd like to enjoy swimming more.

    ReplyDelete