Tracking

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Remember the Ten - January 27, 2001

Tomorrow will mark the tenth anniversary of the plane crash that killed 10 members of the Oklahoma State University men's basketball team.  I was a freshman at OSU at the time and it was a very somber feeling on campus the days following the crash.  I still remember where I was when I heard the news and vividly remember Gallagher-Iba Arena packed to the brims with people at the memorial service only a few days later.  For those who don't know me, I live and breathe OSU pride all the time.  I am extremely proud to be a Cowboy.  Remembering the Ten always makes me thankful for those around me.

After work, I got in a quick 4.5 miles before it got dark.  It's been really nice running weather lately.  I'm taking advantage of the light winds while I have them.  It won't be long before spring blows in with all of her lovely wind.  Nothing else really going on at the moment.  Tomorrow is bowling night so I'll take a break from training and enjoy some time with friends.   It's a nice break and we're actually in first place in the league right now.  Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that plane crash. I was living in Colorado at the time. I can't believe it's been 10 years already. very very sad, but it's good to reflect and remember.

    On a lighter note, I watched your OKC Thunder pull out a win last night against my T-Wolves and I gotta say that I'm a big Kevin Durant fan now.

    ReplyDelete