Tracking

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Busy Week

Sorry it's been all week since I've posted.  Due to the absence from the computer, I've also fallen behind on all of your blogs.  It's supposed to be a cloudy, cold day tomorrow so I'll probably spend some time catching up with the blogosphere.

This week's been fairly busy, but a good busy.  I've been able to get in all of my workouts and today I'm taking a rest day.  Luck would have it that today is the nicest weather of the week, but that's ok.  I don't mind running in the cold so tomorrow will make for nice running weather.

So far this week I've logged 44 miles.  I swam and did weights on Monday.  My swim was actually going really well until a guy jumped in the lane next to me and lapped me several times.  He was flying through the water.  It made me feel even slower than normal.  I hated him the entire time I was in the water.  I finally got a chance to talk to him for a sec and it turns out he swam in college so it made me feel a little better. 

Tuesday I went to the "Hood to Coast" documentary.  I really enjoyed the movie.  I invited a couple of friends I've been trying to convince to do a relay with me and I think I have them hooked now.  The talk that evening ended with a declaration to enter the 2012 lottery for Hood to Coast relay.  We'll see if we can scrape together a few more folks.  I think it would be an incredible experience. 

The rest of the week has been pretty routine.  Biking, weights, and running.  I also had the Thursday night bowling league and squeezed in a run between work and bowling.  All in all, everything is going really well at the moment.  I went and saw my coach on Wednesday.  We looked at some tri bikes together and he told me to let him know when I wanted to purchase one and he'd make sure he was available.  It's probably going to happen at some point in February.  I'm excited to get a new bike and start hammering out some miles on it.  Each passing week restores confidence in my fitness level and I feel like I'm catching back up to where I left off in November.  It's nice to be back to training.  I've definitely missed it. 

1 comment: