Tracking

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Motivation - Starting to Return

Well, the good news is that my motivation is starting to return.  The bad news is that after 2.5 miles on the elliptical yesterday it was very apparent that all was not well with the knee.  I'm sure it's probably a combination of not doing anything for 3 weeks and not being fully healed.  I'm going to see how it goes for a few days and if I'm still concerned I'm going to see the doctor next week.  I have plenty of time to get healthy so I'm not overly worried about the long-term ramifications.  I just need to get it taken care of and move on.  I have been focused on strength training for now and hope that helps to alleviate some of my injury prone tendencies.

I'm still messing around with the race schedule for 2011.  There are so many things I want to do, but I know I need to limit my races and focus on staying healthy.  Patrick, over at "The Road", recommended that I look at the Rev3 series to see if any of those events fit my schedule.  Unfortunately it looks like the closest to OKC is in Knoxville, TN, and I'm not sure I'm going to have the available vacation time next year.  I'm already planning on taking nearly 3 weeks next year so I don't really have many days to spare.  I am currently looking for some other triathlons or duathlons within a few hours drive.  The TRI-OKC group has a decent schedule of events so I think I may be able to stay local and plan out a pretty productive season.

One final note : I really wish all my family and friends were runners and triathletes.  Buying Christmas gifts would be a breeze!  Unfortunately that's not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment