Tracking

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fantasy Football, Brooks ID, and Oklahoma State University

I'm still sick so I'm resting up again today with no training.  I'm worn out after work so I went straight from my car to my couch.  I'm hoping one or two more days of rest will help kick this stubborn cold or whatever it is I have right now.  The great thing is that tomorrow is my last day of work and then I get a 4-day weekend.  Plenty of time to get healthy and hit the new year with some extra vigor.

I won my fantasy football league this year so I just got a nice little influx into the triathlon bike fund.  It's going to be put to very good use!  It was only my second year to ever play in a league where you had to pay an entry fee.  It has definitely made pro football more entertaining and I feel like the little time I put into it is well worth the payoff. 

Since we don't have an NFL team in Oklahoma, college football is king around here.  Most people cheer for the big, bad Sooners at the University of Oklahoma, but I am a proud alum of Oklahoma State University and my Cowboys play tonight in the Alamo Bowl.  If it wasn't for them playing, I would probably already be asleep.  I really wanted to make the trip to San Antonio, but the timing sucked:  midweek game during the last week of the month.  Never going to happen.  Regardless, I'll be wearing my orange and watching from home.  Go Pokes!!

Finally, I received my letter from Brooks about my 2011 status.  They are restructuring the ID program into 3 tiers : Bluestreak, PACE, and Fanatics.  I got bumped to the Fanatics group which will be less involved than the 2010 program but it sounds like I'll still be able to reap some of the benefits I had as an ID member.  It was a little disappointing, but it wasn't completely unexpected.  I'll still be sporting my Brooks gear though.

Nothing else going on at the moment.  I'm looking forward to a few more days off before we tackle the new year ahead.  I'm starting to compile my 2011 resolutions so I'll share those in the coming days.  It's almost time to say goodbye to 2010....yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better. Embrace the rest, 2011 sounds like it's going to be a busy year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win. Now that you've won your league, you need a t-shirt to taunt your friends. Checkout http://thefantasysportsjunkie.com and pick up a 2010 Fantasy Football Champion T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete