Tracking

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas - Can't believe it's already over!

Is it really already the 26th?!  I really can't believe that Christmas has come and gone so quickly.  It's also been 5 days since my last post.  Shame on me. 

Christmas was pretty relaxed this year.  I had a great time hanging out with my family on Christmas Eve.  It was casual, laidback, and we all had a great time opening gifts and hanging out all day.  My mom made some awesome meatloaf (per my request because I LOVE meatloaf) and we exchanged gifts with my parents, two brothers, my sister-in-law, my younger brother's girlfriend, my niece and nephew, and myself.  Everyone pretty much knew what they were getting from me because of this blog.  I ordered Brooks gear with my Brooks ID discount during their friends and family sale and outfitted everyone with some great Brooks outerwear.  I really liked everything I ordered and it seems like the family agreed.  I ended up bringing home a new Under Armour hoodie, gift cards to Starbucks, iTunes, and Outback, a new iHome alarm clock, an Oklahoma State 6-pack cooler, socks, candy, Wizard of Oz glasses and movie (it was my favorite movie as a kid), and some of my mom's homemade salsa and relish.  I was very happy with the haul and grateful that my family has been blessed with another good year.  We are all employed, healthy, and happy....can't really ask for much more than that right now.

Christmas day was spent down in southern Oklahoma with my dad's side of the family.  We had a great lunch and exchanged one gift with someone determined by a name draw.  My little brother actually got  my name down there because our family makes up the bulk of people in the family.  He picked out a new George Foreman grill for me which I desperately needed because I just broke mine.  It was the perfect gift because I really like getting things that I hate buying.  I don't like buying kitchen stuff so if someone else can buy it for me it's a bonus.  I'd rather spend my money on traveling, endurance sports, and things I enjoy.  After leaving my grandparents, my brother and I made our way to OKC to catch the Thunder play the Nuggets.  His girlfriend and one of my friends also joined us for the game with tickets provided by my employer.  We had great seats and the game was up-tempo and entertaining.  It was a great way to end the holiday and start the countdown to New Year's.

Today was a catch-up day for me at the house.  I spent a lot of time doing laundry, picking up around the apartment, and watching NFL football.  I'm in the finals of my fantasy league and if I win this week I get a nice little sum of cash to supplement the tri-bike fund.  While I was watching football today I also hopped on the trainer for about an hour and ten minutes.  I used an old bike workout in my TrainingPeaks account because I'm not currently paying for a coach.  I think I'll probably rejoin forces with Ryan on January 1st and have him lay me out a plan.  I also need to sit down with him and plan out my race schedule for 2011.  A lot of the local race calendars just came out so it should be easier to plan.  I'm hoping to have a race a month beginning in March, but we'll see if that plan actually comes to fruition.

Tomorrow is officially a day off from work, but I still have to get up in the AM to log on and do a few things for next-day business.  It will be good for me to wake up early tomorrow and take advantage of the full day.  I'm planning on hitting the gym, running a few errands, and may even go start lusting after tri bikes.  I hope to buy one sometime in February so I want to start looking and get some ideas.  The rest of the week will be pretty abbreviated because we only have to work Tuesday-Thursday.  I still have my appointment with my sports doc on Tuesday.  The knee has felt ok lately, but I still haven't been running much.  We'll see what he says and then I'll go from there.  I'm expecting it will be a non-event, but maybe I can get him to give me the number to his bat phone so I don't have to wait 2.5 weeks next time I try to get in to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment