Tracking

Monday, November 8, 2010

ING NYC Marathon - Simply Amazing

I just wanted to send out a quick update.  Marathon #3 is officially in the books.  I really had an amazing time out on the course yesterday.  I knew early on that my time wasn't going to be anything to write home about so I settled into a nice, comfortable pace and just enjoyed the ride.  I took every chance I could to soak in the experience and have fun.  I fell in love with this race yesterday.  I was smiling ear-to-ear the majority of the course and really just fed off the huge crowd support, appreciated all the diversity of the five burroughs, and reminded myself why I fell in love with this sport in the first place.  I highly recommend this race.  It's a tough course of constant rolling hills, so I wouldn't come here for a personal best or to qualify for Boston, but it should be on everyone's list.

I will give a more in-depth race report when I return from my travels.  My plan this week is to enjoy the city and then fly to Austin, TX, to watch my Oklahoma State University Cowboys take on the Texas Longhorns in college football action.  It's going to be a great week and a perfect way to start the offseason.  My body is ready for the break.  The knee gave me fits yesterday, especially on the downhills, and I am looking forward to getting healthy and shift my focus to strength-training for a few months.

Official time : 4:22:47

I love NYC marathon.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!

    I watched it on TV, kept flipping between that and football, but I will admit, I spent more time on the Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the race was a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulaitons, wished I were there. It truly is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm still coming to grips with my knees melting down at 22, but I have to agree - it was a spectacular experience and one that I will look back on fondly and would love to do again. Great time on a tough course, BTW!

    ReplyDelete