Tracking

Monday, November 22, 2010

ING NYC Marathon Lottery

Yep, I did it.  Why not?  I threw my name back in the hat for the 2011 ING NYC Marathon this weekend.  I think it's very unlikely that I win a spot two years in a row, but if I do, I will make a determination after Ironman Louisville if I actually want to race it.  I've already made it clear that I love the marathon and already miss it not being on my schedule.  This gives my running side at least some hope that a marathon will be on the calendar in 2011. 

One more week of complete rest and then it's back to training.  I'm definitely ready.  I feel pretty healthy and can't wait to hop back on the bike and lace up the shoes. I can't say that I miss swimming, but I know I need to get back in the pool. 

On a final note, I just have to say that I love Chrissie Wellington.  Watching her race yesterday at Ironman Arizona and pulling out a top 8 finish in the overall field was amazing.  She has so much joy in her heart and truly loves her sport.  She is everything that is good about triathlon and Ironman racing.  She came back and helped greet age group finishers several hours after she had finished and she never lost that trademark smile.  It's so hard not to like her and hope that she continues to improve, dominate, and push the limits of the women's field.  She is a special athlete.  I keep holding out hope she returns to Ironman Kansas 70.3 next year so I can race with her and hopefully meet her at the finish.  Kudos to Chrissie for another record-breaking performance and "chicking" many of the male athletes. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice going on the NYC lottery. Hopefully you get picked.

    Chrissie IS the best. She was at the finish line for Timberman the past two years personally putting medals over folks heads. Hope she returns to Kansas for ya next year.

    ReplyDelete