Tracking

Monday, October 25, 2010

Countdown to NYC : 13 Days

First of all, I want to say thanks to Big Daddy Diesel for the comments on my Ironman selection post.  You should click his link and go check out his blog as well.

It looks like I am going to have to have a "Come to Jesus" talk with myself and see if I can man up for the heat in Louisville or endure a long season if I choose Arizona.  Anyone that has read my blog this summer knows that I don't like the heat.  I am all fine and dandy for the heat on the bike, but when you put me in running gear and send me out in the heat I get whiny.  It's either going to be time "put up or shut up" or avoid it altogether.  Personally the thought of chasing my heat demons is kind of appealing in a sick, twisted way.  I know wherever I go it's not going to be easy.  I know there are a lot of elements out of my control.  Hopefully I can make a decision that I am happy with and move forward with my training plan.  It's all going to boil down to how much I am willing to put into my training.  Preparation will be key.

As far as marathon training goes, today is a rest day for me.  I am going to spend some time with the foam roller and ice my knees.  I will plan on jumping on the elliptical tomorrow and maybe even take my bike for a spin on Wednesday.  It's been nearly 2 months so I have ridden my bike.  I stopped because of the knee, but a nice, easy spin might be in order.

Here's the latest forecast from Accuweather :

Temperature History for November 7

Forecast Normal Record Nov 7, 2009
High 53° 56° 78° in 1938 53°
Low 43° 44° 29° in 1930 35°

2 comments:

  1. I am liking that forecast. not sure about standing around for three hours in mid-40s but I like the high of 53. Haven't seen that around here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks

    I really, really put some thought into doing IMAZ, my parents still live there, still have a ton of friends their. My personal reason why I didnt is because I lived there for 17 years and I traveled the race route every day to and from work for years, I worked 2 blocks from Tempe Town Lake, if I am going to suffer for up to 17 hours, I wanted to be some where new and different.

    ReplyDelete