Tracking

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bib #7773

Woo hoo!  I received my confirmation packet from the Chicago Marathon yesterday!!  My bib number is #7773 and I am assigned to start corral D.  It's all coming together.  Now it's time to sneak in one more long run this weekend and then taper like a champion.

The plan this weekend is to get together all the information I need for the expo, getting to the start, maps of the course, and anything else I might need for race weekend.  Hopefully I can also get together some information for my parents and friends who will be in town as spectators.  I want to make it as easy as possible on everyone involved.

I jumped on the scale at the gym today just for the heck of it.  Last time around when I was training for the marathon, I actually gained a few pounds.  To my surprise, this time around I have lost 5 pounds.  I haven't been the token child of good nutrition lately either.  I have been logging a lot more hours in the cross-training categories and my overall training time has increased dramatically though.  I guess I should have expected some weight loss.  My ideal racing weight is probably about 10-15 pounds lighter than my current weight, but it's been years since I have even sniffed that level.  Hopefully during the offseason I can work on leaning up and focus on functional strength training.  I need to get rid of these imbalances that are leading to injuries.  It will make training much more enjoyable.

If anyone out there has any suggestions for things to do, places to eat, and any other "musts" in Chicago, please let me know. I am excited my parents are going to join me on this trip.  It will be nice to hang out, see the sights, and have them there for marathon #2.  The first one was something I will remember the rest of my life.  I can only hope #2 will be even half as cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment