Tracking

Monday, September 27, 2010

Bib #25501 ; Blue Wave #2 ; Corral #25 ; Start 10:10AM

Marathon #3 comes into focus more and more every day.  I officially received my information for the ING NYC Marathon and can't wait for the task ahead.  I started out this journey with a few doubts, wondering why I was trying to do 2 marathons, and wasn't really sure I wanted to do it in the first place.  Now I am seeing the special opportunity I have in front of me and am excited, ready, and willing.  It's not every year that you get the opportunity to run 2 of the 5 World Marathon Majors with the best runners in the world.  I can't wait to see the sights and sounds of both Chicago and NYC while participating in a sport I have grown to love so much.  I will never take for granted my health and ability to do these things.  It's a true blessing to have this opportunity.  I am very thankful.

I do realize I still have this little race in Chicago in 12 days, but NYC keeps popping into my head.  Everyone I have talked to says that NYC is something special.  Even before I became a runner, I remember seeing the highlights of the NYC Marathon on NBC.  Now I will be in those highlights.  Sure, I probably won't be on TV, but I will be there living the moment.  I will be running in the footsteps of the marathon world record holder.  I will be running through all five boroughs and seeing the city from a whole different perspective.  I can't wait to see the throngs of people lining the streets and experiencing what many call their favorite weekend of the year in NYC.  It should be a very special experience.  I am not sure what I did to become so lucky, but I know one thing for sure, I will continue to work hard to take advantage of these opportunities when they are given.

Here is the latest update for 10/10/10 for Chicago.  Looking cold and blustery!


Mostly SunnyHi 55°RealFeel® 49°

Day

Wind
  • N at 15 mph
  • Gusts: 35 mph
Mostly sunny and colder
  • Max UV Index: 4 (moderate)
  • Thunderstorm Probability: 0%
  • Amount of Precipitation: 0.00 in
  • Amount of Rain: 0.00 in
  • Amount of Snow: 0.0 in
  • Amount of Ice: 0.00 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 0  hrs
  • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs
Mostly ClearLo 36°RealFeel® 33°

Night

Wind
  • NNW at 9 mph
  • Gusts: 24 mph
Mainly clear
  • Max UV Index: N/A
  • Thunderstorm Probability: 0%
  • Amount of Precipitation: 0.00 in
  • Amount of Rain: 0.00 in
  • Amount of Snow: 0.0 in
  • Amount of Ice: 0.00 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 0  hrs
  • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs

1 comment: