Tracking

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thank you Mother Nature!

Oh it's so sweet to walk out at lunch and after work to a cloudy day and north winds!  That  my friends is the sweet taste of Fall just around the corner.  Today we were treated to a nice cool front which dropped our temps from a high of 104 yesterday to a nice, comfortable 73 when I walked out of the office.  Although I didn't get to run in the fabulous weather due to the knee bug, I was still happy for all of my fellow OKC runners who got a taste of the months to come.  We earned this day!

As for me, I was VERY tempted to give running a shot, but the "coach" side of me won the argument in my head and I opted for the elliptical instead.   Go figure, right?!  All of this complaining and whining about the hot weather and the first time I get a break I go inside and use the elliptical.  Five miles on the elliptical isn't very fun for me, but I did discover that the ABC show, Wipeout, is a great way to distract yourself.  Ha, it's so much easier to slug through those workouts when you are watching someone else get pounded in the face with big, moving padded objects.

For those of you who like country music, or just want to see me on TV, tune in to CMT this week and watch Invitation Only with Miranda Lambert.  You can catch my mug on the screen several times.  I am sitting to her right on the front row and they show me singing some of the words on a couple of songs.  It was a great experience.  For those of you who have followed my blog from it's birth last year, you are well aware of my love for Miranda.  I even dedicated a full post to the subject in my early blogging days.  It was this country music lover's best concert moment ever.  You really can't get much better than having one of your favorite artists a few feet away in a very intimate setting.  There were literally only about 100 people at the taping.  I am not sure I will be able to top that one.

Now it's off to stretch, ice, and repeat.  Hopefully I can get in a solid 30 miles on the bike tomorrow and give running a shot on Thursday.  It's still only supposed to be highs in the 80s on Thursday so that will still be quite pleasant.  Take care everyone!

BREAKING NEWS ALERT : I have some big news to share in a few days.  Hopefully you will stick around to see the exciting update!

No comments:

Post a Comment