Tracking

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wind too?

It's been a few days.  Sorry for the absence.  Another one of those weeks where the only time I get to be home is when it's time to go to bed.  I like being busy though.  I would rather be busy, than constantly be sitting on my butt at home doing nothing.

Monday was a rest day for me so I went and had a nice meal prepared by a friend.  I feel like I take advantage of free meals from friends too often, but as long as they keep offering I guess I will keep coming over.  Basically my friends have gotten used to the fact that usually if I am not training I want to eat.  I eat constantly now.  I guess that is one of the perks of training.  I will say my grocery bill has jumped dramatically since I took up endurance sports.  I can't keep enough food on hand.

Tuesday I got in a really quick run in my neighborhood before meeting 3 friends for the Lady Gaga show here in OKC.  It's not every day that we get major non-country acts so I generally will try to make most of the major concerts that roll through town.  The tickets were astronomically expensive, but I have to give it up.  She puts on a pretty good show and it was by far the best people watching event I have been to since I mistakenly ran into the Comic-Con convention in Atlanta one year.  The concert made for a late night, but we get used to the midweek shows since we aren't a major market quite yet.

Wednesday I took it fairly easy and did my short bike ride.  I normally would do my long ride on Wednesday nights, but the late night prior made for a good opportunity to shake up the workout a bit.  Plus, my long run isn't really "long" this weekend so I am good putting both of them together.

Today I got in a hot, miserable 6 miles after work.  The heat index was 102 when I hit the pavement and I am pretty sure the asphalt added a good 10-20 degrees.  Needless to say I was not going to enjoy my run today.  The heat is one thing, but now Oklahoma has decided to throw in the wind as well.  Add in 20-25 mph south winds and you have yourself a sucktastic run day.  Not a fan.  I ended up having to take several walk breaks and by the end I was just happy to be alive and kicking.  It has now turned into that time of year when only dawn and dusk are acceptable times to run.  The dog days of summer are here.  Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like you are running on the surface of the sun...

    ReplyDelete