Tracking

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Road I.D.

Unfortunately I was reminded today of why I am glad I have my Road I.D.  I ordered my Road I.D. elite about 2 or 3 months ago and haven't taken it off yet.  I know you don't think you will ever need one, but life is unpredictable and the Road I.D. provides a way to relay important information when you may not be coherent.  Please consider ordering a Road I.D.  Here is a link and a coupon that can be used until July 29th for those of you who want to order one today.

Coupon Number: ThanksBryan778644
 
The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 07/29/2010. 
To order, simply go to RoadID.com or click the link below:
 
http://www.RoadID.com/?CID=ThanksBryan778644
 
I mentioned above that I was reminded today of why I am glad I wear a  Road I.D.  Unfortunately, a fellow cyclist was killed in a hit-and-run  accident in north Oklahoma City this morning.  A passer-by spotted a  cyclist in the ditch and called the paramedics, but the man had already  passed away.  The man has not been identified at this point because he  had no form of ID on him at the time.  Please remember to take I.D. with  you on all of your rides, even if you don't own a Road I.D.  Tell  people where you are going, how long you will be gone, and check in with  friends or family when you finish a workout.  Please be careful  everyone.  Drivers can be reckless and inattentive.  We need to do  what we can to protect ourselves when on the road.  

1 comment:

  1. what an absolute total bum out. sorry for the loss in your community.

    ReplyDelete