Tracking

Monday, July 5, 2010

Rested and Ready

Two rest days definitely do a body good.  It's been nice taking an opportunity to rest and recover the past 2 days.  My bike mileage is at an all-time personal high and my running mileage is slowing starting to climb the ladder of marathon training.  Due to these two factors, I thought it was wise to take the 2 rest days when I had the opportunity and hopefully store up some energy reserves for the next 14 weeks.  I have managed to sleep in until 9 AM and caught up on quite a few blogs.  I also had a chance to play with my new iPhone and make my shopping wish list for the next few weeks as I reassess my marathon training supplies and gear.  Here is what I came up with for my shopping list:

  • Compression socks/calf sleeves - which is better?
  • Compression tights - my coach recommended just getting ones at CVS/Walgreens
  • Back-up pair of shoes - the miles add up quickly
  • Recovery drink mix
  • Gatorade Endurance formula mix
  • Gels/bars for training
  • New Buff - the old one is getting a little stank
Does anyone have any recommendations on compression gear?  I have never owned any special compression gear other than basic tights I wear under my running shorts  I am definitely open to suggestions on brands and types.

Nothing else really going on at the moment.  July looks to be a pretty quiet month so I should be able to focus on my training and really get into a groove.  Sounds like a great month to me!

3 comments:

  1. - socks will give you compression on the ankles and feet, the sleeves dont. The sleeves you can were during the swim, you cant the socks and they are a pain to get on while your wet.
    - cvs is because they are 75% cheaper there then a running store, yes they are the ones your grandma would were, but its alot cheaper

    - thats what your brooks discount is for, get them cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BDD! Do you have any recommendations on brands for the socks and sleeves? I think I will go ahead and get the grandma tights. I will only be wearing them under something anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use 2XU, both are around $50 each

    ReplyDelete