Tracking

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July blogger friends!  Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.  I am headed to my parents house in a bit for a little cookout/family time.  I am looking forward to hanging out, it's been a few weeks.

Yesterday was another successful Team-in-Training day at Lake Hefner.  The weather was cloudy with light rain which was a welcome relief from the hot, nasty weather we have had the past few weeks.  Our Team put in a nice 7 - 9 miles depending on their race date and everyone did really well.  After coaching for a bit, I parked my car out at Hefner and got in a quick 5 miles for my own training.  It's a stepback week for me, so that will be the end of my running this week.  I was contemplating going for a bike ride today, but I could use an extra rest day so I am going to take it.  No reason to push right now.

For those of you who live in Oklahoma, go by and pick up a copy of the July/August issue of Oklahoma Sports and Fitness magazine!  I was asked to write an article by the new editor/owner and it is in the current issue.  For those of you outside of Oklahoma, here is a link to a PDF version of the magazine:

Oklahoma Sports and Fitness Magazine - July/August 2010

I am on page 14, but definitely check out the whole magazine if you haven't read it.  It's a great source for local race information. 

As a thank you for writing the article, the magazine also sent me a cool Brooks tech tee!  I will always take free Brooks gear!  Until next time, Run Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment