Tracking

Friday, July 2, 2010

Free Time - The Disappearing Act

Free time has been relatively non-existent the last few weeks.  I am sure by the lack of blog posts, this was pretty evident.  Either I just completey fell off the blogging wagon or I was really busy.  It is definitely the latter.  I miss blogging and reading up on other's running/triathlon lives.  I am making a concerted effort to book myself blogging time in the future.  Not only does it help me connect with other runners, but it's also a way for me to monitor my training as I progress through this whole marathon adventure. 

This week has been really busy at work and the evenings have been crammed with my training, Team-in-Training events, and other usual nonsense.  I did manage to sneak out Tuesday at lunch and pick up my very own iPhone 4 so I can now stay better connected on the go.  I hope to be sending out short blogs and pics from time-to-time as I get used to my new friend.  Before the iPhone, I was still relegated to using the old candy bar style Sony which had little blogging capabilities.  I finally bit the bullet and upgraded.  For what it's worth, I love the upgrade.  I can already tell it will make things much easier on my social networking sites.

Here is my training log for the week up to this point:
  • Monday - Rest Day
  • Tuesday - 3.05 mile run in 24:51
  • Wednesday - 40.35 mile bike in 2:20:00
  • Thursday - 4.10 mile run in 34:19
  • Friday - 1350 meter swim (had to cut short due to work)
The plan this weekend is to get in a 5 mile run in the AM after my Team-in-Training coaching duties and a 1.5 hour bike ride on Sunday before 4th of July festivities.  I am more than ecstatic for a 3-day weekend and an actual full day of rest on Monday.  No plans, nothing to do.  Not bad at all.  I hope everyone has a great start to the holiday weekend.  Check back with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment