Tracking

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Triathlete - It's Official

Yep, it's official! I am now a triathlete/marathoner. Thanks to everyone who has followed along during my journey. I had a great time in Austin and met my goal of completing the Olympic distance tri in under 3 hours!! Overall it was a great first triathlon experience and I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to train with along the way. I have nothing but good things to say about my Team-in-Training experience and hope everyone gives it a shot at some point in the future.

Here are the official results:

Overall time : 2:55:35
Swim time - 1500 meters in 39:18
T1 time - 4:16
Bike time - 40K in 1:14:03
T2 time - 2:26
Run time - 10K in 55:30

I ended up 437th overall and 46th in my age group. I was really happy with all aspects of my race and have already started noticing areas I can improve on in the future.

Due to time constraints, I will post a full race report tomorrow or Thursday. I have a ton of stuff to catch up on before work tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who has followed along and helped me with advice, supportive comments, and donations to my TNT campaign. I count my blessings every day.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Triathlete!!! You did great!! So when is your next one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan the triathlete, has a nice ring to it, doesnt it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It does have a nice ring to it :-) Not sure when my next tri will be, but I have big plans in the works. Turning my focus to the fall marathons now though!

    ReplyDelete