Tracking

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Midweek Funk Busted!

Today was just one of those days where I felt like I was walking around in a haze. Nothing really went wrong and I wasn't feeling bad, I just wasn't all there upstairs. It's been a while since I have had one of those days so it's not like it's a common theme, but it sure killed all desire I had to work out or do anything after leaving the office. The good thing is that I had a Team-in-Training group workout tonight so my lazy butt had no choice. I gathered up my swim gear and off I went to Oklahoma City Community College to meet up with the gang.

Man was I glad to see all of the Team tonight. They always have a way of putting a smile on my face. They are all just so positive and encouraging and every time I see them it reminds me why I am training for the CapTex Tri. If someone can fight cancer, pretty sure I can get over my semi-bad day and put in a good workout. It's the least I can do for all those who have donated and all those who are fighting out there right now.

Swimming was actually pretty good tonight too. I felt good in the water and we did some timed main sets to see if we could properly pace ourselves for 200 meters. I did a fairly decent job of keeping myself consistent with 200 meter sets of 3:55 ; 4:00 ; and 4:10. We took 30 second breaks between each set so it was pretty much non-stop. We also worked on our sighting for the first time in preparation for our first open water swim which should be right around the corner. I am guessing we will probably go outside beginning in May. I am not going to lie. I am a little nervous about the open water swim, but I know it will be fine. It's just a comfort thing knowing that you can stop anytime you need to in the pool. In the open water, you really can't grab on to the lane rope or the wall.

Tomorrow is a bike day for me and then I think I will take Friday and Saturday off leading up to the half marathon on Sunday. There is a slight chance I will put a swim in there at some point, but I think rest may be just what the body ordered. Have a great rest of the week everyone. My bib number is H652 if anyone is following along on Sunday!

1 comment: