Tracking

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wind and Hills - Stanley Draper Ride

Wind and hills pretty much sums up the group ride today out at Lake Stanley Draper. The weather has definitely turned warm here in Oklahoma and it is a welcome change. I absolutely hate the wind, but I can deal with it when the temps are in the high 70s and low 80s. When I say wind, I am talking about 20+mph sustained and gusts of 30-40mph. That's pretty much what you get in Oklahoma during the spring. It can only make us stronger, right?!? We ended up logging 20.55 miles after work so I count that as a pretty successful workout.

Another successful bike ride today after a day off yesterday. I did go to the gym and get in some strength training so that was a nice addition to the schedule this week. I really neglect the strength training aspect of my schedule when it gets busy. I know it's not what I should be doing, but that's the part I like the least of my training schedule. I have been much better about stretching and doing body-weight strength exercises at home lately.

Group swim tomorrow and I am actually really looking forward to another swim. It is the spot where I am seeing the biggest gains and where I need the most work. It's funny how I went from absolutely dreading the pool to actually kinda liking it now. Kinda. Let's not get too carried away. Hope everyone is having a great start to the week. Only 2 more days of work this week. Thank you holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Did you catch some of the tail wind? A pace line along with a tail wind, will make you fly on your bike like superman, a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! i love reading your blog updates! and your fundraising looks great...i still owe you a contribution, but i gotta get past mine.
    lots of love from the DC tri team!

    ReplyDelete