Tracking

Thursday, March 4, 2010

TrainingPeaks Blog

Hey friends! Exciting news! A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail from the Marketing Coordinator at Peaksware, the company who brought us TrainingPeaks. She said she stumbled onto my blog, realized I was a TrainingPeaks member, and wanted to know if I would write something to be featured on their blog. Well, a couple of weeks later, here is my article I wrote for them! It was posted on their blog yesterday and I was really excited to see it pop up on my RSS feed this morning. I hope you can go over there and check out their blog and add them to your list. I have really enjoyed the featured member's stories and the training tips throughout the week are always helpful.

http://blog.trainingpeaks.com/2010/03/running-away-from-weight-gain-and-into-an-active-healthy-life-bryan-sloan-trainingpeaks-member.html

After the excitement of seeing my face pop-up in my e-mail feed this morning, it was hard for me to sit still all day. The weather here in OKC was fantastic again today and I just wanted to go out and run. As soon as I could get free from work I headed to Midtown and lifted some weights for a bit and then headed out the door for a run downtown. I hadn't actually ran downtown by myself before and I actually really enjoyed it. For those of you familiar with OKC, I started at the Midtown Y/McNellie's and went south to Reno. At Reno I headed east towards Bass Pro and then turned north through Deep Deuce and back to my car at the Midtown Y. All in all it was a nice 4.68 mile run and the weather was perfect.

I also want to send out a big thank you to Paula Batchelor-Strohm (Broken Arrow, OK) for her donation today! Thanks Paula!

Please go check out the TrainingPeaks blog if you have a chance!

1 comment: