Tracking

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Return to Normal

After a great few days away from OKC, it is back to the daily routine today. The last few days was a ton of fun. Sunday I flew out to Salt Lake City for a little fun on the slopes. I had actually never been to Utah so that was pretty great all by itself. The accommodations, weather, ski resort, and meeting new people all added up to be a pretty awesome experience.

On Monday, we hit the slopes pretty early and I got my ski legs back under me fairly quickly. This was only my 4th time to go skiing so I was still not 100% comfortable when we started, but as we progressed through the day I gained more confidence and even attempted a black for the first time ever. Granted I didn't actually "ski" all the way down, it was a fairly successful run and I managed to keep up with the better skiers in our group without making them wait on me too much.

Tuesday was another ski day and we actually took it pretty easy, minus my attempt at a black run with moguls. I can't say it was fun, but I can say it was a good learning experience. One of the guys in our group gave me some pointers before I started so I tried my best to listen and apply them. I didn't make it down without falling several times, but I can chalk it up to learning and getting more comfortable. All in all, it was a great two days on the mountain and I can't wait to get another ski trip in the books next season.

I spent most of the day yesterday in the airport and really didn't get a ton of sleep on Tuesday night, so Wednesday night group swim was pretty miserable. My body was definitely teaching me a lesson. I managed to struggle through the workout though and log my time in the pool. Tomorrow is another swim day so hopefully it goes a little smoother than last night. I am definitely looking forward to the weekend where I can catch up on rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment