Tracking

Saturday, March 20, 2010

NCAA, Snow, and Birthday Week

Sorry gang! It's been a few days since I have been in the blogosphere. The week has been really busy, but that's natural for this time of year. One more week of go, go, go, and then I think I can settle back into a routine. I know my running shoes feel neglected!

The great thing about the busy schedule is that I have been able to rest the knee and I think we may be past this knee bug. As of now, it feels pretty strong and hopefully with a couple more days of rest I can be back at 100%. Only 5 more weeks until the OKC Memorial Half Marathon so I really need to get back out there and keep adding some mileage.

Training has been kind of hit and miss this week unfortunately. I did get in 2 swims (Mon and Fri) and 1 bike (Tues) so far this week. I will try to get in another workout this weekend, but with the way the weather is going, not really sure that is going to happen. Currently it is snowing pretty heavy and we are supposed to get 5-10 inches of snow with blizzard conditions. It sounds like this weekend might be one spent inside. It is times like these that I wish I had a trainer for my bike. I could at least knock out a bike workout.

Big thanks to Kay Pickering (Elmore City, OK) and everyone who entered my NCAA March Madness pool this week. Also, just a reminder to the OKC folks who read this blog. I am having a birthday party/happy hour/fundraising event at Midtown Deli on Thursday, March 25th, from 4:45 PM to ????. Come out and have a few drinks, eat some food, and watch NCAA basketball. Twenty percent of all proceeds go directly to my Team-in-Training fundraising campaign. Come join in the fun! After all, it is my birthday!

Have a great Saturday. I hope everyone gets in some good training!

1 comment:

  1. I agree...forced rests...from busy schedules...are still rest....and sometimes the only rest we get! =)

    ReplyDelete