Tracking

Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Swim

Due to the schedule of the week ahead, I moved my Wednesday swim to today so I could get at least 2 days in the pool. I can really use the work in the pool, so I figured missing a swim wasn't the best idea.

The swim was decent, but not great. I definitely can see progress, but the distance and intensity of our swims keep increasing so it's really been challenging keeping up. The pool at CHK was really busy today and I felt really sorry for the girl who was in the lane with me. I am not a graceful swimmer. I kick too much, flail my arms too much, and just create a lot of unnecessary waves. She was much smaller than me and was pretty fluid with her movements. I am sure I was a nightmare of a lane mate, but she was nice and encouraging when I stopped to chat with her at the end of my workout. I joked with her towards the end that my whole purpose was to create an open water swim environment for her. I did a great job of chopping up the water and creating some havoc. Here is a breakdown of the swim workout today:

200 meter warm-up
4 x 50 meter drills (zipper, fist, 2 x 50 one-arm drill)
4 x 100 main sets (15 sec rest between sets)
8 x 25 sprints (20 sec rest between sprints)
200 meter warm-down
48 lengths folks! 48! Now I just need to work on becoming more efficient. Time in the pool will hopefully help in that aspect.

Today was also another day of spreading the word and trying to kickstart the fundraising again. I decided to do an NCAA men's basketball tournament pool so I sent that information out to my colleagues and friends. I also confirmed the details of my birthday party/fundraising event which will be next Thursday, March 25th, at Midtown Deli if you are in the area and want to join in on the fun. Also, if you would like more details, just shoot me an e-mail or leave a comment and I can get you the info on the NCAA pool or my birthday shindig.

I hope everyone had a great start to the week. Thursday marks the start of the NCAA regional here in OKC and we also bought tickets to go watch the OU women play in the 1st and 2nd round of the women's NCAA tournament on Sun/Tues. It's going to be a great weekend of hoops!

1 comment:

  1. great blog! Just found you ... trying to expand my subscriptions to male runners, too!

    ReplyDelete