Tracking

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daylight Savings Time

It feels like a completely different season already. Daylight savings time is officially the beginning of spring in my book. I am looking outside at 8 PM and there is still a touch of daylight left. We are now getting into so prime training weeks before it starts getting hot.

Today was group ride day with the Team-in-Training crew. We met at Schlegel's in downtown OKC and made our way towards the Oklahoma River trails and did an out-and-back of 15 miles before we called it a day. The knee held up well and I am hoping that the couple of days off from running will pay off in the long-run. I have been icing and stretching all weekend in hopes that I can get back out and running this coming week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I also would like to send out a big thank you to Holly Krivokapich (OKC, OK) and Kenneth & Juanita Sloan (Davis, OK) for their donations the past few days. I also will be adding 3 new names to my race-day honoree list : Tamara Metcalfe, Terry Church, and the last one came as a shock in the letter I got from my Granny (Juanita Sloan), Kenneth Sloan. My Granny informed me in the letter she sent with her donation that my Grandad, Kenneth Sloan, has just been diagnosed with lymphoma. I don't know a lot of details yet, but he is supposed to meet with an oncologist this week to discuss treatment. From what I know, the initial assessment was that it should be easily treatable. I am hoping all of this holds true when he meets with the oncologist, but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I will update with details as I find out more.

Another big week ahead as spring kicks into full gear. March Madness has officially began as we enter in one of the best weeks of the entire sports calendar. I have tickets to the OKC NCAA Men's 1st and 2nd rounds this week and am really looking forward to catching some live college basketball. My Cowboys also made the Dance and will be playing Friday in Milwaukee. It makes the tournament so much better when your own school is still in the mix. Hopefully we can pull off a few wins and make things interesting! I also will be participating in my first St. Patty's Day Pub Run on Wednesday night in Downtown OKC if the knee cooperates. Otherwise, I will just be participating in a St. Patty's Day celebration in Downtown OKC. Either way, it should be a good time.

Have a great start to the week! Here's to hoping everyone has a safe, successful, and productive week of training.

P.S. I got my first Road ID in the mail yesterday and I love it! I got the ID Elite, with an orange band of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment