Tracking

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Checking Out

Hey gang. Quick update before I hit the road. I leave early in the AM for some winter fun in Utah. Training will be put on hold for a few days, but skiing should be a pretty decent substitute.

Today was supposed to be my long run day, but I did something to my knee Thursday evening and it still hurts. I think it might be a mild case of ITB syndrome/runner's knee. I haven't been the most disciplined stretcher lately so I am sure that is the cause. The foam roller and I are becoming real close friends again this weekend and hopefully a couple of days off will bring it all back to normal. Nothing major, just trying to be smart this year. No reason to go out and set myself back with a dumb injury. I am hoping the skiing won't aggravate it, but I guess we will see how that goes when I get out there.

Swimming on Friday was a chore, but I have become accustomed to my swimming workouts by myself to be harder than my group swims. I am really not sure the rhyme or reason, but it has been the case every week. I did get in my 900 meter workout and called it good though. Nothing else to report on at the moment. I hope everyone had a great Saturday. I read a lot of tweets about races and long runs so it's encouraging to see so many people out being active.

Have a great week everyone. I will check back in when I get back from skiing. Until then, happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment