Tracking

Saturday, February 6, 2010

TNT Superstar! Thanks everyone!

Thanks to everyone who has donated to my Team-in-Training fundraising goal already! Thanks to all of you, I was the top fundraiser for this week and had the AWESOME privilege of wearing the crown at today's fundraising clinic:

The picture quality is pretty bad, but you get the drift! As a result of the positive response from everyone, I have decided to up my fundraising goal to $4,500 for the Capital of Texas triathlon. My goal is to have this money raised by my 28th birthday on March 25, 2010. I know it's a lofty goal, but I always aim high. Why settle for less when you can work hard and get the best?

I also want to give a special thanks to Kelly Ruminer (Edmond, OK) who has donated since my last fundraising update. She donated in honor of Terri Melton, so Terri will be added to my race-day honoree list. Thank you Kelly!

This morning was also our first group run of the training schedule for me. It was nice to be able to chat with some of the fellow Team members again and take a nice leisurely jog around the Chesapeake campus. I would guess that we ran around 2 miles, but I didn't even turn my Garmin on for the run so I really have no idea. It was kinda nice not to worry about the miles and just go for a run. It's been a while since I haven't meticulously tracked my run. I also remembered how much more I love running outside. I don't think I have ran outside since the marathon! That's just way too long folks. I need to remedy that problem this week.

The 16 week training schedule starts in earnest this week so no more "freestyle" workouts. I look forward to the challenge ahead. Be sure to check back often for training updates!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ok/txtri10/bsloan

No comments:

Post a Comment