Tracking

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

TNT Group Swim

Quick update because it's almost time for bed. TNT group swim was tonight down at Oklahoma City Community College and I was much happier with the results. I worked really hard on getting my breathing in check last Friday and it definitely paid off tonight. I felt much more comfortable in the water and felt like I was taking a step in the right direction. I actually made it through all of my sets relatively pain free, minus the odd calf cramps I get late in the swim. Is that normal?

Here is a breakdown of our workout tonight. My first 1000 meter workout!

200 meter warm-up
150 meter drills (3 x 50 meters)
300 meter main sets (3 x 100 meters with 10 sec rest between sets)
150 meter drills (3 x 50 meters)
100 meter sprints (4 x 25 meters)
100 meter warm down

That's it folks. A great night at the pool. Now back to the land where I am much more comfortable. I think I will try to get in 4 to 5 miles running tomorrow before bowling.

Also, big thank you to Mike and Laverne Copiniti (Amber, OK)! They sent me a $32 check in the mail today in response to my fundraising letter. That pushes me over the $1000 mark. Thanks Team! Let's keep up the great work! Good night :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the swim, you're doing awesome. You really make me want to find an adult swim class, maybe that is something I can tackle after my half. It would be a nice goal, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You should definitely check into a swim class. It helped a ton and I finally feel like I am getting better. I think it's a great goal for the 2nd half of the year!

    ReplyDelete