Tracking

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shorts and a T-Shirt Kind of Day

What in the heck was that?!? I actually made it out to Lake Hefner today for a run after work and was able to wear shorts and a tech tee! Wow, it's been a while since that has happened for sure. It felt great to get out and run at Hefner again. Hefner was my buddy, my pal for many months last year. Hefner and I will become real close friends again over the next few months so if you see me out on the trail be sure to wave and say hi. Is it obnoxious to wave at passing runners? I always wave and smile but I have noticed that most people don't return the gesture. I think it's odd, but I am a small town Oklahoma boy where you wave at everyone when you drive by or see them in town. I may live in the city, but part of my heart will always be in the country.

Great run today by the way. I logged a nice little 5 mile pace run based on long term goals for my marathon. I hope to be able to maintain these paces for the rest of my training, but maintaining my health is my number one priority. I am definitely trying not to push things too fast right now. I have a LONG year ahead of me. It felt great to get out and run again. I am definitely most comfortable running. Biking and swimming are coming along, but running is definitely my bread and butter.

A big thank you to Ryan and Vicki Clem (Tuttle, OK) for their donation to my Team-in-Training campaign. They sent me a check in the mail today in response to my fundraising letter. It's like Christmas all over again when I check my mail now. I love seeing my handwriting on those envelopes when I open up the mailbox. Thanks Team! We continue to make great progress!

Also, check out my buddy Allie's blog for a great giveaway! She is giving away a Road ID which I have been wanting for quite some time now. Go check it out and show her some love. She's awesome!

Thursday, February 18th : 5.05 miles in 42:51 (8:29 pace)

1 comment:

  1. This morning I woke late and promised myself I would get home early to get out and run on the road the threadmill is driving me crazy and thats where I ended up again tonight because when I was finally ready to go out it was dark!!
    Congratulations of your nice run today, I am so jealous

    ReplyDelete