Tracking

Sunday, February 28, 2010

March Madness

It's almost time. Time for the absolutely greatest month of the year. March madness, the changing of the seasons, St Patrick's Day, spring break, my birthday, and daylight savings times. I mean, honestly, what month could possibly be better than March?! I am really looking forward to the calendar turning in a few hours. March will bring my first race of the season and will also usher in much better weather for training (hopefully). My only complaints about spring are my allergies and the wind. It's inevitably going to be windy and it sure makes training a little less enjoyable. Other than that, I welcome March with open arms. I will also have news on some local fundraising events in March soon. Stay tuned!

Today was family birthday lunch. My mom's side of the family meets every month to celebrate birthdays together as a group. This time around we met in Midwest City for a little Santa Fe. After lunch, my parents, my little brother, and I went downtown for some Thunder basketball. It was nice to take the family to a game and let them enjoy tickets from work as well. They had a great time and the Thunder won so it was a great Sunday outing with the folks.

Before the family festivities I also got in a nice 4 mile run in the neighborhood. Tomorrow is a rest day so I will take the opportunity to catch up on laundry, go grocery shopping, and write thank you notes for my recent donations. To that end, I need to send out big thank you's to Chad Hledik (Edmond, OK), Michelle Morris (McAlester, OK), and Jim and Sharon Russell (McAlester, OK) for their donations today. Thanks again everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment