Tracking

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's my birthday....sort of

One year ago on this date I made a commitment to myself. I made a commitment that would change my life. A commitment that I look back on and wish I had made even sooner. On that day, Feb 16th, 2009, I made the commitment to run the OKC Memorial Half Marathon, a decision that completely altered my life. From that day forward, running became my passion. I loved it. I wanted it. I needed it. I did it. I still can't believe where my running has taken me over such a short span of time, but I am thankful I made the leap and hope I can positively influence those around me to give it a shot too. If running has half the impact on their lives that it did on mine, they should lace the shoes up and get out there ASAP!

Running has been such a positive influence in my life. My confidence and self-belief have reached new heights. Now I don't think about "if" I can make something happen, I think about "when" I can make it happen. The discipline from my running has spilled over into virtually every aspect of my life. I am more focused and motivated than I can ever recall. I feel the need to be the best for not only myself, but for those around me.

When I started this blog, I had no real plans for it other than to keep it updated from time to time and it slowly evolved into my training journal, soap box, and a way to connect to other runners. The encouragement received from my readers and the ability to relive my experiences the past year has really motivated me to do even bigger and better things in my 2nd year of running. I am already registered for my 2nd marathon, currently training for my 1st triathlon, and have even bigger and better things on my mind for the next few years.

Thanks to everyone for the support over the last year. I look forward to continuing the journey and hope you will continue to follow along as well . It's going to be an exciting year with Team-in-Training, being a member of the Brooks ID program, and finally meeting up with some of my favorite bloggers and tweeps at events across the US. Here's to a great 2nd year!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Like you, I wish I had started running sooner, it's been such a positive influence on my life. It's really amazing how running can give you so much confidence in every aspect of your life. Keep up the good work and I wish you many years of happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! this post made me so happy! big smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've done a lot in a year!!!!

    Happy Birthday/Anniversary/Whatev! And here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank ladies! I am very excited about the progress. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete