Tracking

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day of Rest

Monday is rest day so that's exactly what I did today. After work I made my way over to the monthly Landrunners meeting. It's always nice to go hang out and chit chat with a few people who are training, just ran a marathon, or are taking some time off. Everyone has their own experiences and the more I talk to other people, the more I can learn and apply those lessons to my own running. Tonight was also the awards presentation for those participants who completed the Series races for 2009. I wasn't fully aware of the criteria so I am glad I was in attendance to learn what I need to do for 2010 if I decide to complete the Series. Basically you have to complete 10 Series races throughout the year by either volunteering or actually participating in those events. It is the Landrunners way of encouraging participation in the local races and keeping everyone active throughout the year. It's a great program and if I can stay healthy all year I would like to give it a shot.

That brings me to my next thought. I have been contemplating adding a few early season races to the calendar. I wouldn't actually be "racing", but just participating to become more active in the local running scene and meet some more people. I am going to see how the training schedule looks for the next few weekends and I may add a race or two the next few weeks. The tentative plan is to participate in the Triple Crown Series here in OKC that includes a race on Feb 27th, Mar 6th, and Mar 14th.

Final thought for tonight. I want to send out a big thank you to David Kerrigan (Edmond, OK) and Randy Neal (Oklahoma City, OK) for both donating to my Team-in-Training fundraising campaign today. I am now only $10 shy of $1000. Who wants to push me over the $1000 mark?!? We are making great strides Team! Thank you so much!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ok/txtri10/bsloan

No comments:

Post a Comment