Tracking

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Brooks I.D.

As promised, I am coming back to discuss the Brooks I.D. program that I was recently accepted into and still super pumped about now. The I.D. part of the name stands for Inspire Daily and the program was created for runners who are active in their running communities and are loyal to the Brooks brand. To qualify for the program, you don't have to be the fastest runner on the block, but you do have to share the same passion, loyalty, and desire to get better that is embodied by the Brooks brand.

The process was actually pretty painless. I went to the following link and filled out an application about my running life and waited for a few weeks to hear if I got accepted.

http://runbrooks.com/brooksid

I mean, honestly, what runner doesn't like talking about their running with someone that will listen. It was a perfect opportunity to spill my guts and I didn't have to endure a gaze of uninterest or an attempt to change the subject. For me, it was the perfect avenue to an even more perfect marriage. Not only do I get to publicly claim my love for everything Brooks, but now I get rewarded for being a loyal mate. What more could a guy ask for honestly?

Even though my running career has been very brief, I have been a loyal fan of Brooks since my first step. The quality of their products is unmatched and everything I have bought from them has always fit well, looked sharp, and made me SUPER FAST. Well ok, maybe it doesn't make me super fast, but I know the Brooks gear always makes me feel more confident when I hit the road. Plus, I have always managed to find gear with orange mixed in and anyone that knows me, knows that the way to my heart begins with the color orange. Hint, hint Brooks gurus - let's make some cool running gear in 2010 that is orange!

Some of the perks of being in the program are the 40% discount off all Brooks gear and apparel, participating in the Brooks I.D. race series, a free race uniform, and probably my favorite of all is the ability to attend Brooks I.D. events designed to encourage interaction between the ID members. I remember reading Frayed Laces blog about her experience at the Brooks ID camp last year and thinking how cool that would be to be one of "those" people. Now, believe it or not, I am one of them! I still can't quite believe it!

I am not really sure the rhyme or reason for my selection, but I plan on fulfilling my role as an ambassador for the Brooks brand with the same intensity and focus that I devote to my training. It's amazing how full circle things have come for me in the matter of a year. I have gone from not running at all to completing my first marathon, having marathon #2 already on the schedule, and training for my first triathlon in a matter of 12 months. Thank you for everyone who has been following along and I hope you will continue the journey with me. I have big dreams in my head and with your encouragement and support I know I can make them a reality.

Thank you Brooks for another shot in the arm. I am looking forward to a great 2010!


No comments:

Post a Comment