Tracking

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back on the Bike (Kinda)

Hello gang. It's been a few days, but that's not to say I haven't been doing anything. I have been sticking to the routine and making you guys proud. Sunday was another crappy weather day so I stuck to the stationary bike at the downtown Y and then hopped off and ran a half mile just to get used to the transition. All in all not too bad considering it was pretty rough dragging my butt out of the house Sunday morning.

Yesterday was a rest day and I took the opportunity to write my next batch of thank-you cards and update my address book. I have been extremely happy with the progress so far and I thank everyone sincerely for their donations. My hope is that all of those who have donated can continue to follow along on here and stay a part of my journey.

Today was another bike day. I tossed around the idea of taking my bike out to Lake Hefner but I was running a bit behind leaving work today and I didn't think I could get in a full hour before the sun went down. I opted instead for a stationary ride once again. One hour on the stationary bike isn't the most fun thing in the world, but it was actually one of the better bike workouts I have had in quite some time. I busted out 17.53 miles with a nice assortment of rolling hills and maintaining my cadence around 100 rpm. It felt great, but definitely looking forward to some nicer weather and longer days so I can get outside.

Big thanks to Bryan and Kelly Clem (Tuttle, OK), Dick Kincheloe (Cedar Park, TX), Kevin Conneighton (Naperville, IL), and Theresa Branney (Houston, TX) for their donations the past two days! Welcome to the Team everyone!

All of my local folks keep your eyes out for news on benefit nights at Hideaway Pizza and Midtown Deli in the very near future. Have a good evening everyone. Press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment