Tracking

Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day!

Another snowy day in the big OKC! I love snow. The ice that we got yesterday sure wasn't fun, but it can snow all day in my book. It is so peaceful. I just sat on my coach, sipped coffee, and watched it snow all day. Yeah, sure it sucks for running and biking, but this Oklahoma kid doesn't get snow every day so I will enjoy it by the fire when it makes its grand appearance.

Great news! I already have raised $250 in one day's time. Thanks to David Virgilio (Houston, TX) and Allison Bailey (Oklahoma City, OK) for joining me in my journey!

I also sent out an e-mail to my contacts and received several positive responses so I believe the donations will start rolling in before too long. The great thing about the snow day is it did allow me to focus my efforts on my TNT fundraising goal. I have a list of ideas and now it is just time to implement them over the next month or two. All of you local OKC residents please stay tuned for benefit nights at some local restaurants and all of my twitter friends please look for giveaways and donation matching promotions around the corner! If you don't follow me on Twitter, look me up (@blsloan).

Here are some pics from the apartment doorstep today. Winter wonderland! :


And of course, I have to leave you with my website :-)

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ok/txtri10/bsloan

3 comments:

  1. good luck with the fundraising and training

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been crazy, I'm in Fort Sill and the entire post shut down. We had crazy ice here, I'm going to post pictures on my blog too....eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try this product!
    www.NuricheWell.com

    It's been a BIG HIT with marathon runners--thought I'd share.

    http://www.youtube.com/nurichegoodness#p/u/15/OSuplzv56Ys

    Id love to get your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete