Tracking

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Days 120-121 : It's a Go!!

Yep, you read that right! Months of hard work and a little luck will all come into play on Sunday in Dallas. The visit with the doc was encouraging and I got the all-clear as long as I can handle the discomfort.

After a few minutes of stretches and exercises, the doc gave me the good news. He told me that I don't have any nodules on my Achilles and the creaking sound isn't present so I am basically fighting a case of bursitis/tendonitis that is there, but not major yet. He said the chances that I would do something catastrophic by running the marathon were slim to none so he thought it was ok for me to give it a go. After going over my treatment options, I decided I wanted to be aggressive and nip this in the bud before it becomes a nagging injury ordeal. He provided me with an Achilles brace, heel lifts, prescription for physical therapy, and 3 prescriptions for a topical anti-inflammatory cream, steroids for pre-race, and anti-inflammatory pills for post-race. I am hoping with all the cross-training and stretching I have been doing lately it will pay off on race day. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

It's also a big day for OKC. MAPS3 looks like it is going to pass and OKC will continue to rocket up the food chain of major metropolitan areas. The central park, whitewater course, loops of bike and running trails, and the start of public transit will be such an exciting thing to see in the near future. I still don't know why people were opposed to the idea of funding such great projects, but to each his own. The results aren't official yet, but the numbers are promising. I hope the YES votes win!

Here is an updated forecast for this weekend. Looking ok still! Stay away wind!

Saturday Night, Dec 12
Low: 38 °F RealFeel®: 27 °F
Partly cloudy; breezy late






Sunday, Dec 13
High: 59 °F RealFeel®: 54 °F
Sunny to partly cloudy

No comments:

Post a Comment