Tracking

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Days 116-118 : One Week

Week 17 of marathon training is in the books. I can't believe it's finally here. The final taper week. Although I did no running at all this week, I stuck to the book and did the cross-training equivalent to keep the fitness level near the peak. I know it's not the same, but at this point I don't think running would do me any good. My goal is to get to Dallas, lace up the shoes, and give it my all.

What a crazy day of football?!? I was very amused by both the Cincy game and the Texas game. I am glad Texas hung in there and pulled out a win. As much as I know it doesn't help our recruiting at O-State, it is still nice to see Texas make it to the title game. It looks like my fellow Cowboy fans and I will be dancing in Dallas in a few weeks for the Cotton Bowl. It's very deja vu playing Ole Miss again. Hopefully the outcome will be in our favor this time around.

No plans on Sunday except to rest up and get stuff ready to pack. I have business functions 3 of the 4 nights before I leave for Dallas on Friday so I want to make sure I am not rushing around forgetting things when I head out. It looks like the weather forecast is trending colder which will make dressing for the race more of a challenge. I would rather be a little cool than a little warm though.

As you can tell, my focus has turned towards positive thinking about actually being able to run this race. I do have my doctor's appointment still scheduled for Tuesday, but it is more of a precautionary measure and an option to get some tips, treatment, and recovery advice before I embark on my journey. I am expecting to get the go ahead based on how things have improved since Monday/Tuesday of this week. The knot on my Achilles is gone and I am not experiencing any pain when I walk or step now. I am sure that will change as soon as I run again, but it's a good sign the week before the race. All I have to do is make it one more run and then I can go into the offseason and treat it well for a few months.

Updated weather forecast from accuweather.com:

Saturday, Dec 12
High: 59 °F RealFeel®: 58 °F
Cooler with more sun than clouds








Saturday Night, Dec 12
Low: 34 °F RealFeel®: 27 °F
Partly cloudy






Sunday, Dec 13
High: 47 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Mostly cloudy and colder











Friday, December 4th : 35 minutes on stationary bike (replace 3 miles of running)

Saturday, December 5th : 30 minutes on stationary bike and 65 minutes on elliptical
(replace 8 miles of running)

1 comment:

  1. enjoy your taper week! Keep thinking positive, it can go a long way and be a tremendous help!

    ReplyDelete