Tracking

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Days 98-100 : Vacation Week

Yes, it's finally here! I only have a half day of work left this week and then I get to take 2 1/2 days off work. Woo hoo! I can't wait to have the time away from the office. I don't have any grand plans. OSU plays a Thursday night game this week so I will make the trek to Stillwater for our final home game of the year. I believe we are staying the night in Stillwater, but I plan on behaving. It's a big week of running on the schedule, health permitting, so I need to stay focused.

Today was my first attempt at a run since Saturday's failed long run. I decided to go inside and use the treadmill for this one so I could stop whenever I wanted and control my pace. I set my pace at 9:50 min/miles and just coasted in a nice, slow 5 miles to get back in the swing of things. The discomfort was pretty minor throughout the run. I could definitely tell I wasn't 100%, but it wasn't bad. I am going to give it a go again tomorrow and reassess. I am just taking it day-to-day at this point to see if I can get in a full week of running. I don't plan on pushing the envelope too much.

Tuesday, November 17th : 5.0 miles in 49:10 (9:50 pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment